We need your talents! There are many ways to get involved with the TAG PTSA. A complete list of committees and responsibilities is listed below.
If you're interested in volunteering, click the button below to complete the Volunteer Interest form, and we will be in touch with you.
Executive Board Members: Attend all PTSA Board meetings as a voting member of the Executive Board
President: Presides over all board and general meetings. Serves as member of all committees except Nominating and Reconciliation. Represents TAG in community and directs committees listed below.
Fundraising Committee Chair: Raises funds for the PTSA through an annual fundraising drive, Painless Fundraiser, the sale of TAG-branded merchandise, and through any other fundraising activities approved by the board.
- North Texas Giving Day: Plans, promotes and executes the North Texas Giving Day annual fundraising campaign. Maintains donation records, sends thank-you notes, and provides tax forms to donors. Planning starts in summer and the event is held in September.
- Spirit Wear: Determines Spirit Wear, gear, accessories and other school-related products we offer for purchase. Orders and manages inventory and sells products at PTA sponsored events and online throughout the year.
1st Vice President: Acts as aide to president. May be called upon at any time to temporarily assume the role of president. Directs the committee chairs listed below.
Hospitality Committee Chair: Welcomes members to meetings, coffees and PTSA events. Assists with welcoming prospective families and entering students. Directs and serves on the following committees:
- PTA Meetings: Responsible for planning monthly PTSA meetings or coffees. Tasks include welcoming parents, providing snacks and drinks, sign-in sheets to record attendance, name tags, and other hospitality needs requested by the Board.
- Parent & Guardian Events: Organizes parent-staff social events to boost our TAG community
- Recruiting and Welcoming Events: Recruits volunteers to assist Principal and staff with promoting TAG at Magnet Fairs, Open House, and other prospective student events as necessary (typically held in the fall). Plans new family welcome dinner during Flight School (summer commitment).
Staff Appreciation Committee Chair: In charge of creating successful staff appreciation events. Directs and assists the committees listed below:
- Secret Pal Coordinator: Collects information on each teacher at the beginning of the year and then assigns a member to secretly give monthly appreciation to their Secret Pal. Coordinates a reveal event at the end of the year.
- Welcome Back to School Breakfast: Plan and host the Back-to-School Breakfast for teachers and staff the week before school starts.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: Provides the meal for teachers and staff on the evenings of both the fall and spring Parent Teacher Conferences.
- Monthly Staff Appreciation: Plan and host a PTSA-funded meal or treat for teachers and staff each month.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Hosts and plans fun activities for parents and students to do in order to show their appreciation for their teachers each day of the first week in May.
Programs Committee Chair: In charge of creating the many successful activities sponsored by the PTA. Facilitates and assists with event planning and solicits funding from the PTSA to support initiatives. Works on the following committees:
- Back to School Family Picnic: Plans, promotes and hosts an annual back to school picnic for all TAG families. Tasks include reserving location, handling catering and recruiting volunteers.
- Student Programs (2): Plans two social events for students (one in fall and one in spring) like a dance or other sort of get-together. Regularly meets with Student Council representatives to ensure PTSA is supporting their initiatives. Facilitates and assists with event planning and solicits funding from the PTSA, as needed.
- Talent Show: Plans the school Talent Show, typically held in March. Solicits performers, organizes event, handles ticket sales, and ensures a successful event.
- Community Service: Promotes student community service opportunities for the school.
- Parent Education: This person is responsible for organizing two workshops (one in Fall and one in Spring). These should be training sessions that are led by outside speakers, in coordination with counselors to empower parents with knowledge.
- College Fair: Works with on-campus college coordinator and school counselor to promote college-related activities and to plan a fall college fair night, as needed.
Senior Class Liaison: Meets regularly with senior class Student Council and other members. Plans senior events sponsored by the PTSA, including events associated with graduation, senior swag, dances, and any other events as directed by Principal and approved by the board.
Reflections: Coordinates participation in PTSA Reflections program.
PVSA Awards: In conjunction with school staff, coordinates and awards the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards to students and plans the presentation of certificates
Advocacy: Reports on legislative matters that are of concern to the school or TAG PTSA.
School Health Advisory Rep: Works with the school, DISD, and parents to ensure health safety needs of the student body and staff are met. Typically, sits on DISD health advisory panels.
2nd VP Communications: Directs the communication of PTSA activities to its members. Ensures completion and submission of membership reporting to Texas PTA. Collects nominations and plans the presentation of the PTA lifetime member awards typically held during April general meeting. Serves as the Communications Committee Chair to promote PTSA activities to our community, as well as highlight student and staff accomplishments to the school community, DISD and the neighborhood. Directs the committees listed below.
Membership: Recruits new members year-round, collects dues and maintains membership records. Reports membership numbers to Texas PTA in a timely manner.
- Website: Maintains and regularly updates the PTA website, promoting event information and ensuring sign-ups are available. Works closely with social media and newsletter to ensure information is distributed across all mediums.
- Social Media: Monitors and updated grade-level Facebook pages, TAG PTSA page; manages Instagram and Twitter accounts to send out PTSA news, schedules and alerts, and other information relevant to the community.
- Newsletter (2): Solicits content, creates and distributes the school e-newsletter weekly or as needed
- New Student Information / First Day Packet: Works with Executive Board to compile and create welcome to TAG packets in the spring and first day informational packets (requires spring and summer hours)
Secretary: Attends and takes minutes at all PTSA Board and PTSA General Meetings. Sends letter of condolence and coordinates sunshine events. Types, copies and distributes minutes at meetings.
Treasurer: Handles and reports on the organization's funds. Writes checks, balances accounts, keeps ledgers for all committees using organization’s accounting software, and coordinates disbursements with the president. Creates budget in conjunction with Officers and committee Chairs. Prepares the books for the tax accountant to prepare the tax return. Submits books to Reconciliation Committee. Accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred but not required.
Parliamentarian (Appointed): Provides assistance to board members as needed. Ensures use of parliamentary procedure during meetings. Updates bylaws and standing rules when necessary.
Orange = PTSA Events
Red = District / TAG
Blue = Seniors
Purple = College
- Tuesday, September 26
- Wednesday, September 27
- Thursday, September 28